I do not like negative people. I stay positive and see the glass below as half FULLLL…
If you see it as half empty .. stay far away from me.
Yes, I will now make it public knowledge I am out searching for a better opportunity. I have been working with my husband and his legal practice for several years now. But it is fun, but I would rather be doing something else more in line with either my teaching or my Writing.
Asking you again, is this half empty or half full? Remember it is iced coffee and because of the caffeine you must answer quickly.
go to 1:07;20 and then read below ……………….
It was the weekend of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
It was also the weekend I reformatted my writing book to some 300 plus pages. I also mowed the lawn and cleaned the house and did errands. And I did wash.
(Other than dealing with household stuff like the pool vac guy showing up and giving us excuses as to just why his pool vac bag broke inside the pool and we threw him out of our backyard because he at Chlorine king was late. Yeah. late. Do not use. )
First stay positive. We can talk about the good. I have had a few days to think about all this. I am no heathen but I did get something out of it.
And before you non Catholics say anything, you have the same access that I do to the same materials. You can look up and get proof as I did. But then again, I was raised in all of this and just chose to aggravate the ** out of them.
In other words, being creative they are the ones who must get used to me. They got me in as a kid and I am staying and well, too bad if you don’t like me. The problem is when these no religion people have left and chickened out of making them like you also. If you had stayed, you could have made a difference and put your foot down and really did something. What are they really going to do to you?
I was impressed with how our bishops in the USA were working with the people to get the leaders motivated to take action and make things relevant. Maybe they were too motivated in another way. Read the bottom here how I hate the selfies and all their relevancy to themselves. Not good. I’ll get to that.
But I got a lot out of the video that I watched above. While as a general whole, I do not like EWTN just start the vid at where I said to start it.
Here’s what I got out of it that was good:
- I liked how the laypeople got the run of it all for the most part. I liked the last day where there were practical lay people stating stuff like team building and how God is working in their lives. That was real.
- I liked how the bishops kind of almost stood back and played nice. They acted like ‘nice Dads’ and let the spiritual kids have the run of place. Not bad. They didn’t act scary.
- I liked Cardinal O’Malley’s adoration on the first or second night. That was calming. I loved his talk on mercy and how God loves us. Why? You cannot give what you do not have.
- Being that this was a working quasi retreat, I have still yet to catch Cardinal Wuerl’s talk on Sacraments. I will do so.
- I had to laugh at how they went on a Eucharistic procession to a hotel. AND THEY SWEATED. GASP.
- Even Philadelphia’s Archbishop Chaput didn’t say Trump. He needs a beer for that. I was running to the kitchen for a bag to hyperventilate into… there. N Maybe I will have one for you… after a long day. Maybe the heat did it to him. I have my hypothesis you have yours.
- I got a lot out of most of what I listened to on the television.
NOW THE BAD…. AND THE UGLY.
- Selfies… do any of you all know these people who work for church companies?
- I know you don’t, so why are they not working but taking selfies? It makes no freaking sense?
- All I saw on Twitter were selfies and NOT ONE BLOODY THING BOUT WHAT IN THE HEAVEN OR HELL THAT THESE PEOPLE DO. NO EXPLAINATION NO BEGATHON TO KEEP THEM THERE = THIS IS MY DEF OF #CatholicNarcissism
- There was nothing on Twitter to show just what or why they were there. There was nothing no links to show why they were in ministry in the first place. There was a lot of back slapping and high fiving.
- There was no outreach in the city. There was no practical go out there in teams and doing it like Jesus did when he sent the 72 and commissioned them . It would have been nice to see them out there on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando or on I-92. But we can’t sweat now , can’t we? That was the ugly stuffy part. There is so much poverty in that area of Florida.
- The retreat circuit could be diminished if people would do their own. All these people want to do is travel the country and take money from parishes that can not afford them. Funny, I always see them listed in Illinois and Indiana. Those people must have money they don’t need to be spending because I have viewed pics of these small towns that have much to loose.
- The on and on and on from Johnette Benkovic could have been shorter. Ok, no Raymond Arroyo whining.. I have given them that. But it was vacation season and she was handy? I know that’s what happened – my hypothesis.
One last funny: I found it hilarious that most of them sweated like I did all weekend. I am still laughing that they had the same type of thunderstorms we did.
One last thing also: if they can stop selfie’ing with cell phones and get out there and stop preaching to the choir and to themselves, they will be more effective in every way.
And I seriously came away from the Television and computer asking myself why is it that these super Catholic retreat hugger selfie taking’s can’t just be themselves and stop being polite and just get out there in every way like a Dorothy Day type.
Again, why can’t they just be themselves? If they are changed, then it will show.
Again, if they are comfortable with themselves and with what is going on with them, then people will want something with what they have or what is going on.